Friday, March 1, 2019

March 1st 2019 Where did all the good things go??!?!?


Reading: Exodus 22, Psalm 119:97-136 and Romans 8

Scripture: “For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, "Abba! Father!"”Romans 8:15 ESV

“And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28 ESV

Thought: I alway love to hear the reminder that even as a sinful wicked person God sill wanted me and opened the adoption to bring me into the family. It took me accepting that gift of adoption for me to be brought into the family. He wants us all to be in his family and none of us to perish but he will not force us to love or walk in his ways. 

Coming across the passage of Romans 8:28 I felt that the stigma against this passage. This passage gets over used and missed used in time of loss and time of struggle. We as Christians, so often when we see someone hurting will through this passage out to, “help the hurting person.” What we don’t understand is to none christians and those in pain can cause people to turn away from God because it can seem like God is spiteful or even a god that is vengeful. I don’t see this passage a way to try to comfort these people. This shows the nature of God. Just like in Job where Satin had to go before God to ask permission to do things to Job we are under God’s wings. Because we are living in a fallen world trials, tribulations, and loss will happen in our lives. It is not about God stopping all bad things from happening but it's about us following him through those trials, tribulations, and losses and allowing him to show us the microphone that those trials, tribulations, and losses give us to share his word. 

Prayer: Father, You are so wonderful and you show us the way. I thank you for the blessings and provisions you pour out each day. You are my provider and my strength in time of need. You are my Joy in the mist of the pain and trials. I ask your direction and your plain for all I do. Open my eyes to your purpose for me, my family, and the your ministry what you have for me. Lead me and light the next step.  

No comments:

Post a Comment