Saturday, March 9, 2019

March 8th I need to do what???


Reading: Exodus 34-35 and Romans 15

Scripture: Exodus 34:19-20, All that open the womb are mine, all your male livestock, the firstborn of cow and sheep. The firstborn of a donkey you shall redeem with a lamb, or if you will not redeem it you shall break its neck. All the firstborn of your sons you shall redeem.

Thoughts: As I read this passage in Exodus my first thought went to my children thinking about my firstborn is my daughter but it says to redeem the firstborn of your sons. Being reminded of the first portion of this passage, “All that open the womb” we all belong to God. Some of us have run away seeking the joy and experience of a lifetime that the world claims is out there. As we become redeemed by the Blood of Christ we will find a Joy that surpasses all understanding even in the mist of loss and difficulties. 

Prayer: Father I thank you redeeming me and the reminder all is yours. As the stewards of what you have given to me, I place my children, my family, and my finances in your hands you can do abundantly more with it then I ever could think of. I ask you open my eyes and ears to your direction and your purpose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment