Monday, March 4, 2019

March 4th 2019 Grafted in


Reading: Exodus 26-27, Romans 11, and Matthew 28

Scripture: Romans 11:8, as it is written,  "God gave them a spirit of stupor, eyes that would not see and ears that would not hear, down to this very day.”

Romans 11:24, For if you were cut from what is by nature a wild olive tree, and grafted, contrary to nature, into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these, the natural branches, be grafted back into their own olive tree.

Thoughts: As we sit in opposition to God we will be left to our own choices and our own evilness. God is not going to force us to follow him. Just as Pharaoh started hardening his own hard to God’s word and later God hardened his hard, we if we run long enough we may be give the spirit of stupor. Not that we would be stupid or ignorant but we would no longer hear or feel God’s tugging on our hearts. As Paul spoke about grafting I am grateful that I am grafted into God’s family but I am also grateful that those who were in the family are allowed to be grafted back in. I am not part of the family/nation of Israel but Growing up in the church I had a faith and in my 20’s I ran from the Lord. I know the Joys of being regrafted into the family. 

Prayer: Father, I thank you that you are a God who pursues us and calls us into you. I thank you for your provisions and blessings that you pour out each day. I long to know you more and seek your plans and directions in the lives of me and my family. I ask that you touch the prodigals, have that still small voice speak to them that it is time to come home. Give us the grace and mercy to welcome them back and show them your love and not our own judgment. 


No comments:

Post a Comment