Wednesday, January 31, 2018

January 31, 2018 Murderer

Reading: Acts 7 and Genesis 20-21

Scripture: Acts 7:24, And seeing one of them being wronged, he defended the oppressed man and avenged him by striking down the Egyptian.

Thoughts: I know i have had times where I was thinking, “How can God use me with what I have done?” I sure we all have had that thought, we look at our past and see this or that mistake or a time where we walked away from God. Moses one of the big names in the Christian faith was unsure of himself saying he was slow of speech (many believe that this meant he had a stutter) and a murderer. God has great work planed for each of us and no matter what our past is he can fix it and use it to his Glory. 

Once we accept what God has done for us we are washed clean in the eyes of the Lord and are brought into relationship with him. Our past may or may not look like Moses or any other big names in the Bible but who we are and what we have been through unequally qualifies us to people that no one else can reach. Just like Moses was really the only one who could bring Israel out of Egypt you or I could be the only one able to plant a seed in someones life. 


Prayer: Father I long to sit in your presences and be still and know you are God. I thank you for the opportunities you place before me and I ask that my eyes be opened and I take these opportunities to touch the lives of those around me. I thank you for the provisions and blessings you pour out on us each day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment