Wednesday, January 17, 2018

January 17, 2018 This thing is heavy...

Reading: Luke 17 and Job 24-25

Scripture: Luke 17:1, And he said to his disciples, "Temptations to sin are sure to come, but woe to the one through whom they come!

Thoughts: This morning when I saw this verse I was thinking should I have a millstone around my neck. I know that I do stupid things and fall into temptations myself but have I been the bringer of temptations without realizing it. From what I was seeing the smallest ones were still 50-100 pounds. I would not want an extra 20 pounds let alone much more to pull me down when I go swimming. I have been rebukes and brought back to God, as we seek God each day and spend more time in his presence the more we become like him and find ourselves acting and reflection him more. 

Prayer: Father I thank you for the opportunity to return to you when we fall and that you call us. I thank you for your provisions and blessings and the family you have given me. I ask that you remove any millstone that I have put on and help me to point to you and not the distractions and sin of the world. 


No comments:

Post a Comment