Wednesday, January 10, 2018

January 10, 2018 Who will stand in the gap??

Reading: Luke 10 and Job 9-10

Scripture: Job 9:33,  There is no arbiter between us, who might lay his hand on us both.
Luke 10:29, But he, desiring to justify himself, said to Jesus, "And who is my neighbor?"

Observation: As I was going through the reading today, when Job said,”there is no arbiter between us,” it hit me that before Christ there was not an arbiter or mediator. We would be on our own to try to justify ourselves to a perfect God who could not be in the presence of sin. Just like the man asking Jesus how to get eternal life, we want to justify ourselves saying I’m a good person look at all the good things I have done. 

None of the good we have done even in the name of God mean anything if we have not accepted Jesus as our arbiter. God knew that the entire world was lost without an advocate and he prophesied about him in Genesis 3 talking about the evil one bruising his heel. Without someone to go before us to God the most we could do would be to try to cover our sin with the blood of goats and sheep and that is not sufficient.  

Prayer: Father I am in awe of how you open my eyes to new things every day. I love you so much, even though it pales in comparison to the love you have for us. I thank you for the provisions for the day and the blessings you are wanting to pour out on us today. I thank you for sending your son to be the arbiter that we need so that we can enjoy your presence in our lives. 


No comments:

Post a Comment