Tuesday, January 16, 2018

January 16, 2018 Its Dark in here

Reading: Luke 16 and Job 22-23

Scripture: Job 23:16-17, God has made my heart faint; the Almighty has terrified me; yet I am not silenced because of the darkness, nor because thick darkness covers my face.

Thoughts: Job was in his darkest days, after the evil one got permission to test him, he lost everything kids, property, everything. How often in the middle of a storm do we find ourselves staring at the problem yelling at God instead of looking to him. Job spends lots of time in despair, possibly borderline depression. Over the course of Job’s ordeal and all that the evil one did to him he was able endure it all and overcome it. God has given us the strength to overcome anything that can come our way. Darkness may try to overcome us and cover our face but the light of God through Jesus Christ his Son shines through and helps us to see in that darkness.

Prayer: Thank you, Father for the Light of your Son. I am amazed anew each day by the things you do. I thank you for your daily provisions and blessings you pour out on us and the things you allow me to be a steward over. I ask that you help me to see you love and light more each day and help me to seek you more. 


No comments:

Post a Comment