Thursday, January 4, 2018

January 4, 2018 You want to heal WHO!!!

Reading: Luke 4 and Genesis 6-8

Scripture: Luke 4:38, And he arose and left the synagogue and entered Simon's house. Now Simon's mother-in-law was ill with a high fever, and they appealed to him on her behalf. 

Observation: I know that I am blessed with in-laws that I to the most part agree with and get along with and my wife gets along with my family. The first thing that I though about in this was the stereotype of sons and daughters in-law are always at odds with their in-laws. I know there is always a grain of truth within those stereotypes. With that said I know that I would find it very difficult to live with my in-laws, there are enough differences that I could see conflict coming a mile away. 

Application: Jesus goes to Simon’s house and heals her of her illness. Society in some ways tells us that we should be happy for the miracle but be sad that we were not rid of the in-law. How many of us pray for others in general? We by nature are selfish and have a pray the I prayers, I need, I want, I I I. Simon appealed to Jesus on behalf of his mother in-law. 


Prayer: Father I fall before you longing to feel your love and grace more each day. I thank you for the provisions and blessings you pour out on us each day. I thank you for bringing me into a family that does not cause strife. I ask you bless my mother in-law and help her with the choices she has on her plate this day. Open her eyes and ears to your leading in this situation and grow her faith and he witness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment