Monday, January 15, 2018

January 15, 2018 Party Time!!!!!!!!

Reading: Luke 15 and Job 20-21

Scripture: Like 15:10, Just so, I tell you, there is joy before the angels of God over one sinner who repents."

Thoughts: For me it is so easy to get distracted by life and the world that I forget about the Joy of God when we turn back to him. I know that there are still sins that I struggle with. I have come to the realization that being a disciple is not the cure for being a sinner but it is a process of facing those sins and through God’s power and directions in my life. As I work through these thing such as lust and selfishness (two of my biggies) the more I see God in my life. Each time I fall get up and turn back to God (Repent) there is a party going on in Heaven. It’s not a salvation thing because I feel that the only way to not be saved is to turn on God and deny the Gift of salvation. 

I love the idea that God and the angels are in heaven and all around us celebrating when we come back and have our victories. I long to join in those parties, I think that is why I enjoy baptism weekends we are able to have an earthy party that is only a foreshadowing of the party in heave.

Prayer: Father I long to join your party, I thank you for the opportunities to gather and party with others as they have made the choice to fallow. Thank you for the provisions and blessings you have for us each day and the plans you have for our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment