Tuesday, January 2, 2018

January 2, 2018 Im not done Yet.

Reading: Luke 2, Genesis 2-3 and Revelations 1

Scripture: Luke 2:49 & 52, And he said to them, "Why were you looking for me? Did you not know that I must be in my Father's house?" And Jesus increased in wisdom and in stature and in favor with God and man. 

Observation: When reading this I was thinking about the class I have taught for Sunday school the preteen class is called J12 referring to Luke 2 where even at 12 Jesus was looking to be in his fathers house. I have enjoyed working with this age group in that they seem to grasp some of the larger things of God that the younger kids are just not ready for and I feel I can teach and not just be a childcare provider. 

Application: Then as we get down to the end of the chapter we get the verse about Jesus increasing in Wisdom, Stature and Favor with God and man. I know I have so many times though, “Why has God not Just Fixed me?” As perfect and sinless as Jesus was he was still a child and had to grow in his wisdom, stature and favor. Even though we are covered in what He as done for us dose not mean that everything is just fixed. Ever since hearing this at Boise Bible Collage near 20 years ago there are times like this that is keeps coming back to me. “Be patient with my me I'm a work in progress.” 

Prayer: Father I thank you for all you have done for me and all that you will do through and for me. I thank you for the provisions and blessings you pour out on us each day and I lay my family in your loving care. I ask that you continue the work you started in my so many years ago and help me to be the man you have called me to be. 


No comments:

Post a Comment