Friday, January 19, 2018

January 19, 2018 Hey Look a tree!!!

Reading: Luke 19, Job 29 and Psalm 121

Scripture: Luke 19:3, And he was seeking to see who Jesus was, but on account of the crowd he could not, because he was small in stature.

Thoughts: Growing up one of the songs we would sing was about Zacchaeus being this wee little man and he climbed a tree to see Jesus. I hear all the time and I’m sure I have said it, something along the lines of “I don’t hear God right now.” As I was reading and rereading because nothing stood out to me first thing, my wife started singing that old children’s song about Zacchaeus climbing a tree. I started to think about even being only say six inches shorter then everyone else how exponentially harder it would be for someone to climb a tree. He put lots of effort into just to be able to see Jesus, not expecting to hear, touch or ask anything of this man of God. How much effort are we putting into hearing God, do you just expect a voice from heaven or are we seeking after him and taking time to quiet ourselves and listen for that still small voice deep within us.


Prayer: Father I thank you for the reminders to seek you, I know that I fail to seek you at times and chaise after my own thoughts. I thank you for the provisions for the day and that blessings you have for us each day. I ask that you help me to prioritize and seek you more Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment