Tuesday, January 9, 2018

January 9, 2018 Open mouth insert foot

Reading: Luke 9 and Job 7-8

Scripture: Luke 9:33, And as the men were parting from him, Peter said to Jesus, "Master, it is good that we are here. Let us make three tents, one for you and one for Moses and one for Elijah"—not knowing what he said

Observation: I know that everyday I have a tendency to open my mouth without thinking or as this passage says, “not knowing what he said.” Like Peter I’m a doer so if I was there I may have said something similar. Later when the village rejects Jesus here we are sooting off our mouths again, saying kill them for rejecting you. 

Application: Are we so different, we get passionate about something to the we act as if we would die for whatever that thing is we have gotten passionate about. God wants that passion and that drive in our lives but not at the expense of driving others away. There are groups out there that spread hate in the name of god when that is not God’s heart. The Bible tells us that God is Love and as I see it we are to Love people into the Kingdom. No amount of finder waving or yelling will bring someone to God but if we love them no matter who or what they are then they will see God’s love through us and eventually want to know why we are the way we are. That is being God’s hands and feet to the world.


Prayer: Father, I thank you for your love and that you love me through my times of rebellion. I thank you for the provisions and blessings you pour out on us each day. I place my family in your hands. I thank you for the breakthrough in my life. I ask that breakthrough flow through your kingdom and through this world. I ask that your love flow through us to those around us that need you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment