Monday, January 8, 2018

January 8, 2018 What Storm

Reading: Luke 8 and Job 5-6

Scripture: Luke 8:24b, And he awoke and rebuked the wind and the raging waves, and they ceased, and there was a calm.

Observation: I allow myself to run into storms, where things seem like they will rage over me. Then when I am sufficiently scared and crying out to God I am reminded He was always with me. I don’t know how often I have run into a situation I was not ready for. If we open our ears to hear what God has for us he will tell us, “Let us go across to the other side of the lake.” Verse 22, we can look at this as Jesus saying, “Hey let’s check out the other side of the lake” or as I have come to see it as a prophetic statement. Jesus had something that needed to be done and he knew what was going to come during the trip over the lake. Many of these men were seasoned sailers on this lake. Once they were to the point where they thought they could not handle it any more they went to Jesus.

We are the same way, we go about our live going I can handle this or that. Then something big comes and here we are knocked to our back saying, “I have fallen and I can’t get up” to God. 

Prayer: Father I thank you for all you do for me, picking me up when I fall guiding me around pits and taking care of enemies I didn’t know where there. I and you for the blessings and the provisions you pour out on us every day. I lay my life and that of my family in your hands. I ask that you help me to open my eyes to your directions.


No comments:

Post a Comment