Monday, January 9, 2017

January 9, 2017 Its all wrong!!!!

Reading: Luke 9 and Job 7-8

Scripture: Luke 9:49-50, John answered, "Master, we saw someone casting out demons in your name, and we tried to stop him, because he does not follow with us." But Jesus said to him, "Do not stop him, for the one who is not against you is for you."

Observation: Reading this passage reminded me about how much I will say mostly in my head, “they are doing it wrong.” We are called to be loving and kind without being a judge. I know its easy to attack something when it appears to you to be being done wrong, especially for men we want to be right and want others to know we are right and help them to be right too. 

Application: Jesus talking in spiritual warfare terms here is telling us anyone who is doing God’s work even if it looks different then our work is on our side. I feel like there are only three positions in this war, those who knowingly work with the opposition, those who don’t know they are working for the opposition, and those who are fighting against the opposition. We are not only called to fight in this war but also share the difference in our life and grow our army.


Prayer: Father, I thank you for all the provision you have for me and the provision you have yet to give. I thank you for the blessings you continue to poor out on us even though we have not done anything to deserve it. I thank you for the work being done in the hearts around us and in our hearts. I ask that you help us to see the opportunities to open us and share what God has done for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment