Tuesday, January 10, 2017

January 10, 2017 I have a story to tell!!!

Reading: Luke 10 and Job 9-10

Scripture: Luke 10:23-24, Then turning to the disciples he said privately, "Blessed are the eyes that see what you see! For I tell you that many prophets and kings desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it."

Observation: This passage came just after Jesus was saying that only the father knows the son and only the son and those who he reveals him to know the father. We like his disciples have been shown the father though the Holy spirit and the Son. 

Application: We have seen what only a portion of the population on the wold has seen. Some have seen more clearly then others but we have seen the Holy Spirit reveal to us the Son and though the Son the Father. The Holy Spirit wants to work though us and we need to open ourselves to sharing what has happened in us. Just as the blind man was asked how did you come to see, and he said I don’t know I was blind now I see and I was told it was this man named Jesus who did it. I wish my transformation was so obvious at times but there are others that I wouldn’t want the responsibility of having that testimony.


Prayer: Father I thank you that you have given each of us a story to tell, from the great to small. I thank you for the provisions that you have poured out on us for another day and the blessings you have in store for us. I stand in awe that you take notice of me and took the time to think of me and form me just as you have formed my family. I ask that you help open my heart to telling my story and sharing the love you have for those around us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment