Friday, January 20, 2017

January 20, 2017 I trust in my Gold

Reading: Luke 20 and Job 30-31

Scripture: Job 31:24-25, "If I have made gold my trust or called fine gold my confidence, if I have rejoiced because my wealth was abundant or because my hand had found much,

Observation: Here in the USA it is so easy to make money the thing we trust in. Being that just living in the US puts most people in the top 10% of  wealthiest people in the world. Our homes have rooms, indoor plumbing, heat and insulation to keep the temperature constant in the home. There are so many countries that the people don’t have these things. With each of these things costing something and working for it we have this tendency especially men to think and sometimes say “I made this money I did it all and what does God have to do with it?” 

Application: In this distort of Job to his friends who have been telling him that he has sinned and is being punished by God, Job has been telling them if I have sinned and not done this things I should then God has every right to punish me. In this passage I felt a reminder of not letting money become a god to me. After having a second child and my wife not working for a time finances are a little tighter then expected and there are times where I have to remind myself that God will provide. I know that God’s love, grace, mercy, provision, and blessings are not works based but there are times where we are asked to do something before the blessings come. Sometimes it’s to ask, sometimes it’s to step out in faith and somethings it’s to do something. Today we are listening for the direction are we to step out in faith or do something?


Prayer: Father I stand amazed that you can love me in the mist of my failures and lift me up when I fall. I think you that you do pick me up and dust me off. I thank you for your provisions and the blessings you have for us. I ask that your provisions come and help us to see the form that that are to take. Help us to know is there a step of faith to take here or do I need to do something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment