Monday, January 16, 2017

January 16, 2017 It's a Zombie

Reading: Luke 16 and Job 22-23

Scripture: Luke 16:31, “He said to him, 'If they do not hear Moses and the Prophets, neither will they be convinced if someone should rise from the dead.’"

Observation: As I was reading this passage it clicked in my mind that Jesus was going to be the dead man. I have been at churches who have said we just need a miracle to show the world the truth and they will believe. How often do we even exhibit that mentality, “I wont  believe it until I see it with my own two eyes.” 

Application: I feel that most of us are looking to shown that God exists and that he loves us. This parable of a man Lazarus and the rich man not only show that we need to be good stewards of what we have and share with others. We may think that we don’t have anything to share but we have God’s word and the Gospel. Jesus die and rose from the grave and people still don’t believe just as the parable said. We need to be carful of spending too much time looking for that Miracle and not looking at the risen man Jesus standing beside us.


Prayer: Father I thank you so much for sending your son to pay the price and bring us into your family. I am in awe that you can provide all the provisions that we need and still bless us. I ask you to help us to open our eye to the truth and how to share it with those around us and stop relying on the need for a miracle. Open our hearts and mind to your Holy Spirit and help us to quiet ourselves to hear you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment