Thursday, January 19, 2017

January 19, 2017 Make those rocks shut up!!!

Reading: Luke 19, Job 29 and Psalm 121

Scripture: Luke 19:39-40, And some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to him, "Teacher, rebuke your disciples." He answered, "I tell you, if these were silent, the very stones would cry out."

Observation: Many times when we hear the word disciples we think of the 12 closest to Jesus who came to the last supper and most who became the Apostles. By this point in Jesus’ ministry there were probably hundred or more people following him and learning everything they could or trying to get healed. No matter where Jesus went there were people trying to get near to him. So when the Pharisees were trying to get Jesus to get his disciples to not say what they were saying, not only was it a crowd shouting and going nuts because it was a parade but it was the Messiah that they have been waiting for generations for and they all recognized what he was doing by riding the donkey colt into the city though the gate he was headed to. 

Application: In the chaos of everything going on Jesus said if these guys were quiet the stone would cry out. I admit that I have let the stones be the one to cry out, I don’t alway step up and take a stand for the Lord when I should. So I call myself out and anyone who want to take this challenge with me, No longer let those stones cry out because we didn’t take a stand. We all have our platforms and microphones that no one else has and we will reach the world one by one.


Prayer: Father I thank you for the opportunity to not let those stones cry out. I thank you for your provisions and your blessings that you pour out on us. I thank you for your grace and mercy. I ask that you help us to use our platforms and microphones to share you love and your gospel with those around us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment