Wednesday, January 11, 2017

January 11, 2017 let us overwhelm this land

Reading: Luke 11 and Job 11-12

Scripture: Job 12:15,  If he withholds the waters, they dry up; if he sends them out, they overwhelm the land.

Observation: This passage is part of where Job is talking back to one of his friends who has been trying to convince him that because of all the loss that he has been enduring that Job is not in good standing with God. We in Western society and in many of western churches that if you are not prosperous or you are going though hard times you are not in God’s graces, and Job’s statement seems to support that.

Application: When I read that I got a different picture I got this picture of water flowing from the word of God over me and my life. When you look at it from the perspective that God’s word is full and he is looking to open the floodgates as we dive into it then God is only holding back the waters and allowing us to dry up as long as we are not seeking him. Then the second portion of that scripture is about being sent and overwhelming the land. Just before ascending to Heaven Jesus sent the disciples and us out, when you look at the numbers of believers that accepted the Gospel within the first 50 years they overwhelmed the land. Many people who say they are Christians don’t even attend church or read the word regularly, We are called to overwhelm the land and we can’t do that if we don’t know the Word, if we are not in the Word or if we don’t get fed. 


Prayer:  Father I love you and I long to sit in your presence. I thank you for the provisions you give us each and every day you are the provider of all things. I thank you for the blessings that you give us. I thank you that you sent your Son to pay the price I could never pay. I ask that you help us to see the ways we withhold the waters that you want to give us and help us to see how we are to overwhelm the land. 

No comments:

Post a Comment