Wednesday, January 25, 2017

January 25, 2017 UP! UP! AND AWAY!!!!!!!

Reading: Acts 1 and Job 37-38

Scripture: Acts 1:11, and said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into heaven? This Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you saw him go into heaven."

Observation: It is so easy when you see something you can’t do to just stand there awestruck and stare at it. All these thing we stare at are normal things that anyone with practice could do(most of the time). The disciples watched Jesus make like Superman and just head up to heaven, I think I would be just like them standing there thinking “what just happened?” and “now what?” 

Application: At times it seems like that once we get saved and have spent time with Jesus we get to this point where we are just staring at the sky going “Is that him now?” I think at times we are too focused on the when of Jesus’ return and not doing what we are called. As much as I have seen things that were talked about in Daniel and Revelations about the end times I’m not going to sit back and say ok I'm ready for the return I'm going to continue to do what I have been called to do and to seek God’s direction on my life. I encourage all to not think about the end days but focus on sharing God’s love and truth to all.


Prayer: Father I thank you for your Son and all that you did through him and the access we have to you through your Holy Spirit. I thank you for your provisions each day and the blessings you chose to give us. I ask that you help me to stop standing there looking into the heaven and start looking for the opportunity to share your Gospel and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment