Monday, January 30, 2017

January 30, 2017 What a great deal!!

Reading: Acts 6, Genesis 18-19 and Psalm 61

Scripture: Genesis 18:32, Then he said, "Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak again but this once. Suppose ten are found there." He answered, "For the sake of ten I will not destroy it." 

Observation: This scene Abraham was pleading for this city where his only heir was living. He was bargaining with God to not destroy this city. How often to we try to do the same thing? God if you get me out of this I will never do it again!! I don’t know how many times I have stuck my foot in my mouth with that kind of prayer. 

Application: God is not looking for bargains and decorations of help and I will change. God’s grace and mercy has already covered and forgotten what you did. Living in a sinful fallen world we are going to be tempted to fall into sin all day every day. God does not want a bargain with us he wants our hearts. The more time we spend in the word and in prayer, which leads to communion with God and surround ourselves with others who God is working on we will all grow into the image of God to shine in the land. 


Prayer:  Father I am so thankful that you take notice of me and know my desires and needs and will fulfill them and go beyond so that I can be your hands at times to share your blessings with others. I thank you for the work you have done in my heart helping me to seek you and not just ask for bargains when I'm in the middle of something. I also want to thank you of the provisions and blessings you pour out on us each day. I ask that you help us all take proper perspective with us each day as we go about our day help us to seek you and not bargain with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment