Tuesday, January 31, 2017

January 31, 2017 Sister Wives?!?!?!?!?

Reading: Acts 7 and Genesis 20-21

Scripture: Genesis 20:2, And Abraham said of Sarah his wife, "She is my sister." And Abimelech king of Gerar sent and took Sarah. 

Observation: I those days it was common for men to kill other men just to take their wives. God had made the covenant Abraham and in short God told him that I will protect and prosper you and you have to follow me. So when Abraham told Abimelech that Sarah was his sister he was not trusting God to take care of the situation and was trying to not be killed. I don’t know how often I have turned after I did something I shouldn't and in my guilt I hide the truth. I mess up and feel like I need to cover up what I have done so that I wont be killed. In covering things up I only make it worse.

Application: We all make mistakes and we all sin. Jesus died for those sins on the cross and are forgiven and forgotten. In God’s eyes we are clean once we accept and ask for that forgiveness. But we also need to have the reconciliation with those we have sinned against and for those who have sinned against us. As we forgive and ask forgiveness we need to focus on God and spending time with his because as we spend more time with him the more we become like him intern sinning less and forgiving more. 


Prayer: Farther I stand in awe of how much you love us and that you know us. I thank you for your son and his life and death that sets us free. I also thank you for the provisions and blessings you have for us each and every day. You are the one who provides all that we need. I ask that you help us to be honest with ourselves and not just hide the truth. I also ask that we have the longing for reconciliation with those we have wronged and those who have wronged us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment