Tuesday, January 24, 2017

January 24, 2017 Strait from the horses mouth

Reading: Luke 24 and Job 36

Scripture: Luke 24:25-27, And he said to them, "O foolish ones, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken! Was it not necessary that the Christ should suffer these things and enter into his glory?" And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he interpreted to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning himself.

Observation: There have been many times in my life where I thought it would be so nice to have been back in the day when I could have listened to Jesus speak and teach. These two disciples walking to Emmaus had this encounter where Jesus himself showed them the connections between their scripture (the Old Testament) and everything that happened. In this way I also feel like I'm saying “I want to hear it from the horses mouth” to “I have to see it to believe it.”

Application: If salvation was to come by seeing it would take no faith at all. God has been strengthening and stretching my faith for years. But we are blessed to be able to hear the Gospel and profits as often as we pick up the Word and open our hearts to the moving of the Holy Spirit and spend time with God in reading the word and in prayer. God orchestrated getting all these letter and books preserved and brought together into a single volume that we have as the Bible today. 2 Timothy 3:16-17, “All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.” Spend time with God by reading his words that he breathed though all these different authors.


Prayer: Father I thank you for your word and the ability to spend time each day in it and seeking your truths. I thank you for the provisions and blessings you have for us each and every day. I ask that you place a longing on our hearts to want to be in your word to seek to know your through your words that are alive and sharper then any two edged sword. 

No comments:

Post a Comment