Monday, November 30, 2015

November 30 2015 Wheres the sheep?

Reading: 1 Timothy 2, Ezekiel 33-34, and Psalm 114

Scripture: Ezekiel 34:16, “I will seek the lost, and I will bring back the strayed, and I will bind up the injured, and I will strengthen the weak, and the fat and the strong I will destroy. I will feed them in justice.”

Observation: Though out this chapter God had been speaking to Ezekiel and he comes to this part where he is saying you are supposed to be the shepherd and as the shepherd they were to keep the sheep from harm, feed them and find the ones that wander off. Then he jumps in as says how horrible of job they were doing and if they didn’t straiten up and do what they were called to do that he would destroy them. Then comes verse 16 saying this is how I will take care of those who have wandered off.

Application: Just as Israel was walking away from the calling and the promises they made to God, we have a tendency to stray from our calling, as the Body of Christ we are called to be the shepherd, we each have our giftings and talents that God will use, being we are all members of the same body with different functions, some our out seeking the lost, others are bringing back the strayed, some are healing the injured wail others strengthen the weak. We each have a job within our job as a shepherd. Find the job that God has called you to and bless others through that job.


Prayer: Lord Thank you for another day in your wonderful world, I thank you for the wonders you have shown me and allowed me to experience. Lord I ask you to share your wonders with everyone and help them to see you in them. I also ask for direction in where and how to serve, how to do my part in being a shepherd.

No comments:

Post a Comment