Friday, November 13, 2015

November 13th 2015 Are you set apart?

Reading: Galatians 1 and Ezekiel 15-16

Scripture: Galatians 1:13-15, “For you have heard of my former life in Judaism, how I persecuted the church of God violently and tried to destroy it. And I was advancing in Judaism beyond many of my own age among my people, so extremely zealous was I for the traditions of my fathers. But when he who had set me apart before I was born, and who called me by his grace”

Observation: Paul here was putting validity to his place as a teacher of the true Gospel. Just moments before he was talking about there only being one gospel and that though his experience with God on the road to Damascus he was shown the true gospel. Apparently in the early church as there is now there are false gospels out there leading people away from God by twisting things in the Gospel.

Application: Paul here was telling us how he was called and that he like us was set apart before we were born. God may choose different times to call each of us but we are all chosen by him before we were formed. We also need to be aware and watch out for those false teachers teaching that false gospel. Read the Word and not take things out of context, read and understand what is going on in that time, doing so will give you a much clearer look into God’s word.


Prayer: Lord, thank you so much for time with you again as the weekend draws near having a time I rest and worship with fellow believers. Lord, we ask you to help us to have a discerning heart and see these false teachers and false gospels as what they are and not to attribute these lies and twisted truths to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment