Wednesday, November 11, 2015

November 11th 2015 Who are you building up?

Reading: Romans 15 and Ezekiel 9-11

Scripture: Romans 15: 2-3, Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, to build him up. For Christ did not please himself, but as it is written, “The reproaches of those who reproached you fell on me.”

Observation: Paul does a great job of hitting these topics that we really need to hear multiple times and in multiple ways. Not only is he taking us back to some of his earlier teachings but also the new commandment that Jesus laid out for us, Love your neighbor.

Application: Jesus said love your neighbor as yourself, that love is the action word meaning to put their needs above your own. Paul loves to take it to the next level, not only taking care of needs of our neighbors, but doing and saying things that please and build up our neighbor. It is easy to give some food or money to the homeless man down the street and say we are good we took take of their need, but Paul is saying that is not what its about. Because Jesus took our reproach and wrongs we have done we need to take time with them. This is something I struggle with. I want to just fulfill a need and walk away and not put time into these people showing them God’s love I want to get back to my life and what I want to do. Let us please our neighbors for their good.


Prayer: Lord, help me to be your light in this world help me to overcome my own stubborn and resistance thoughts to spending time with people that I may not be comfortable with and showing your love though my life. Take my life and let it be a living sacrifice to you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment