Tuesday, November 24, 2015

November 24th 2015 Are you working for the Lord?

Reading: Ephesians 6 Jeremiah 42-44

Scripture: Ephesians 6:5-6, Bondservants, obey your earthly masters with fear and trembling, with a sincere heart, as you would Christ, not by the way of eye-service, as people-pleasers, but as bondservants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart

Observation: For the longest time this verse didn’t make any sense to me because I’m not a slave and I don’t have slaves. I could go all hyper spiritual about how we are slaves to things in our lives but that is not what I think God’s intention for this verse is. I see this as a reminder that we need to work hard and do our jobs as if to the Lord.

Application: I work in a shop where there are many different things to be done some interesting and fun others monotonous, I have been cutting and stripping wires for about a week strait. This verse reminds me that I don’t need to be the up front getting praise from people who don’t matter for building what we build but to do my job to the glory of God so that my work, ether though my actions and attitude or though someone noticing something else that God can get the honor due him. What ever you do, do it for God, no matter if it’s shoveling manure or creating a masterpiece do it for God and he will bless it.


Prayer: Lord, thank you for another day to spend with you and read your word. Lord I thank you for the reminder of doing it all for you and making you the reason we do anything. I ask you to help me to honor you more with the things I do and say.

No comments:

Post a Comment