Monday, November 23, 2015

November 23rd 2015 Are you drowning?

Reading: Ephesians 5, Jeremiah 40-41, psalm 38

Scripture: Psalm 38:3-4, There is no soundness in my flesh because of your indignation; there is no health in my bones because of my sin. For my iniquities have gone over my head; like a heavy burden, they are too heavy for me.

Observation: This Psalm is David reaching out to go and offering himself and his offering to God and putting out there that he is not worthy. David knows that he is a sinner and said “My iniquities have gone over my head” or my translation would be “I’m drowning in my sin”

Application: Today we are looking back on what Jesus did for us on the cross and the reconciliation with God that he brought about. Where David was looking forward and watching for the Christ and going into the Tabernacle and giving sacrifices to atone for his sins. We need to remember that we are drowning in our sins but Jesus is pulling us out and putting us in right relationship with God the Father.


Prayer: Lord, Thank you for another day to walk with you by my side. I ask you to help me keep my perspective, keep you lord in my number one spot and find the balance of everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment