Friday, November 6, 2015

November 7th 2015 Are you a tool?

Reading: Romans 11 and Jeremiah 51

Scripture: Jeremiah 51:20-23 ““You are my hammer and weapon of war: with you I break nations in pieces; with you I destroy kingdoms; with you I break in pieces the horse and his rider; with you I break in pieces the chariot and the charioteer; with you I break in pieces man and woman; with you I break in pieces the old man and the youth; with you I break in pieces the young man and the young woman; with you I break in pieces the shepherd and his flock; with you I break in pieces the farmer and his team; with you I break in pieces governors and commanders.”

Observation: I love this section of scripture where Jeremiah is telling both those in Israel and us today that we are the tools and weapons. In this sections he primarily talks about been the weapon of war breaking down the things that are agains God. 

Application: But we need to remember that as God's tools we are also to build up and take care of those around us. Not only are we spiritual warriors we are carpenters too. We go in and break down the strongholds of the enemy then rebuild with the Holy Spirit so that that we have a foundation on the rock of the word. 

Prayer:  Lord, thank you the great blessings you have poured out on us. Help me to see the task ahead of me and help those who need help breaking down strongholds and share the firm foundation of God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment