Monday, November 2, 2015

November 2 2015 What are you doing in Exile?

Today’s reading was Romans 6 Jeremiah 28 & 29, and Psalm 17.
The scripture that stuck out to me today was Jeremiah 29:7 “But seek the welfare of the city where I have sent you into exile, and pray to the Lord on its behalf, for in its welfare you will find your welfare.”

Observation: This is a great reminder from the Old Testament saying that we are to not seek our welfare but the welfare of where we are. This entire chapter of Jeremiah was talking to Israel about listening to false profits not sent by God. And that God will prosper Israel in exile.

Application: We are in exile, our home is in heaven with God and Jesus, and we have been sent to sojourn in a land that is not our own. That is why I see this scripture here so applicable to us today just as it was when Jeremiah spoke these words to the people of Israel. There were many at the time telling the people that within a few years they would be back home but Jeremiah rebuked them in the name of God and told them to build homes and plant gardens, take wives and have children, and finally take waves for your sons and give your daughters as wives. Jeremiah was telling them get comfortable you are in for the long haul.

We need to pray and build up the welfare of where ever you are. Call down blessings on the place you have been placed. Pray for the company you work for, pray for the leadership in you city, state, province, country, and the world. We need to be interceding for the world around us that God will be apart of the government.


Prayer: Lord, I thank you for the wonderful family that you have put into my life, both biological and spiritual. Thank you for another day to remember your love and share it with the world around me. Lord I lift up my coworkers and bosses who don’t know you I pray that I can be a mirror reflection your love to them and that your blessing will be on this company. I lift up my city, county, and stare governments Lord be with them in there choices and help them to see your path and not the one the world has for them. I pray for the US government open the eyes of all those involved help them to see your direction for this great country before the evil one completely destroys what this country was founded on.

No comments:

Post a Comment