Wednesday, November 25, 2015

November 25th 2015 Is it Life or Death?

Reading: Philippians 1, Lamentations 1-2, and Psalm 79

Scripture: For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

Observation: Growing up in the church you hear things so often that doesn’t make any sense, the last portion of this verse is one of those things. Hearing people saying “Death is gain” had me wondering why do all these people want to die. Now after going to a Bible Collage and spending more time in his word and seeing the context I now understand a little about what they were talking about but I think they were a little off. It seemed to be that most of the people I heard were trying to day God is done with me I should be in heaven or this world is to hard for me I should be in heaven. These statements are taking this small section of a verse out of context and creating a belief out of it.

Application: Paul was talking about not knowing what the next stage of his life was doing to look like, stating God had already used him to minister to the Roman guards and bring them into a relationship with Jesus. Paul said that Christ will be honored whether by life or death, basically saying if I live or die will do I for the lord and preach the word until the day I die then I will be in Glory with God forever. We all need to live in a way that no matter if we live or die people will see God in our lives and be touched by that.


Prayer: Lord, thank you for this great day to honor and lift you up. Give us the strength to live for you no matter if we live or die. You have called us and we are to be your light to the world and we need you help to change our mindset that our life and death are yours and in your hands and we need to live as though our life depends on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment