Friday, November 20, 2015

November 20th 2015 What's your pleasure?

Reading: Ephesians 2, Ezekiel 29-30, and Psalm 147

Scripture: Psalm 147:11, “but the Lord takes pleasure in those who fear him, in those who hope in his steadfast love.”

Observation: During my time in level two of the discipleship program called Operation Solid Lives I learned lots about the covenant and the Hebrew word “checed” witch in my translation is Steadfast Love. This Hebrew word is more about the promise that God made in the covenant and that in love (the reason he made the covenant) he wants to do what his covenant says he will do.  Also the word “fear” I don’t think is the best translation it is not bad to fear God but I think the better way to but that would be revere, honor, and respect.

Application: Being that we are under the new covenant that Jesus instated though his death and resurrection we need to look at this section of scripture differently that in the past. Now when I look at this I can see that God take pleasure when we show him the honor and reverence do him, and when we place our hope in his promises and in his checed.


Prayer: Lord, Thank you for another wonderful day to enjoy your blessings. I long to worship you and give you honor and glory. Help me to place all my hope and trust in you Lord and your checed.

No comments:

Post a Comment