Tuesday, December 1, 2015

December 1st 2015 What's your plan?

Reading: 1 Timothy 3, Ezekiel 35-36, Psalm 77

Scripture:  Ezekiel 36:25-26, “I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean from all your uncleannesses, and from all your idols I will cleanse you. And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.”

Observation: As I was going though the reading this passage from Ezekiel popped out at me as God talking about the process of forgiveness though his Son and what we are called to later. Here it is talking about baptism, forgiveness, a new spirit, and a new heart. None of those thing would come about until Jesus came to the world Lived and died for us.

Application: I like the idea that this process was talked about so ling before Jesus came to us as Immanuel (God with us) to be the Anointed One (Christ) of God to fulfill the old Covenant, and bring fourth a new and better Covenant. This new Covenant can only be received by someone seeking God and accepting what Jesus did for us on the cross.


Prayer: Lord, I thank you for this season and this time a year to remember that you did send your Son to us to accomplish what no one can without him, I thank you for bringing my family into my life. I thank you for the reminder that you had a plan all along and you plan was and is better then anything we can come up with. Help me to accept your plan and timing and not try to do it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment