Thursday, December 3, 2015

December 3rd 2015 Are you the Judge and Jury?

Reading: 1 Timothy 5, Ezekiel 39-40

Scripture: 1 Timothy 5:31b; I charge you to keep these rules without prejudging, doing nothing from partiality.

Observation: When I read this portion of scripture I was reminded of when one of the radio shows I listen to called “The Wally Show” and at one point Wally was summoned for Jury Duty and him talking about the questions they asked him about being impartial and setting aside his opinions. Here in scripture we are asked to do the same thing.

Application: This portion was being set for how to deal with sin in the leadership if the church, but I feel that it is a good way to look at things. We are to keep the rules, what rules… “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Matthew 22:37-39. This being the hardest rule/commandment to follow. Our sinful desires tell us to be selfish and give them what they deserve. We are called to give grace because we have been given grace and to love because he first loved us. In doing so we would not be judging or coming into a situation with a partiality.


Prayer: Lord, thank you for another day, I thank you for the work you have given me and the lives I have around me to speak into. I ask you Lord for the strength to stand up and speak to those around me and the words to say to touch them. I also ask for the strength to set aside my prejudgments and partiality.

No comments:

Post a Comment