Thursday, December 10, 2015

December 10th 2015 How do you share the wealth?

I was sick yesterday and was not able to do this but here is the reading Hebrews 1, Daniel 7-8, Psalm 116.
Today’s reading: Hebrews 2, Daniel 9-10, and Psalm 50

Scripture: Psalm 50:9-11; I will not accept a bull from your house or goats from your folds. For every beast of the forest is mine, the cattle on a thousand hills. I know all the birds of the hills, and all that moves in the field is mine.

Observation: This is a great reminder that none of what we have in truly ours we are just stewards of it. We are to use what He has given to us to further his kingdom. Back when this was written the number of animals and servants you had would show your wealth. God was saying I don’t need your gifts and sacrifices, I have more then you ever could imagine.

Application: I’m not saying we should stop giving to God, in the bible we car called to a tithe witch is a tenth of what you bring in. I know that for the longest time I struggled with giving at all my mind was this was a big enough church they don’t need my few bucks and I could better use that for something I “needed” now that my wife and I have been intentionally giving making sure we give to God first he has blessed the rest in ways amazing ways. I love that God’s math is different then our math. Become intentional about your giving be it starting with 1 or 2 percent or making the commitment to do the 10 percent or even giving above and beyond. My dream is to one day be able to do what I call Reverse Tithing and that is living on the 10 percent and giving away the other 90 percent.


Prayer: Lord, thank you for another day to spend with you and pour into you word. I thank you for all the things you have given us and ask you to help us to give as you have but on each of our hearts. Lord help us to be the best stewards of your wealth and to give it back to you in the ways you have put on out hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment