Monday, December 7, 2015

December 7th 2015 Is the end nigh?

I am combining yesterdays and today into one post.
Reading: 2Timothy 2-3, Ezekiel 45-48, Psalm 36, 26

Scripture: 2Timothy 3:1-4, “But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God

Observation: Paul was warning Timothy about things that were to come and had started to creep into their world at that time. Here 2 thousand years later these things are in full force. In western society it has become so much about myself and that my money can get me, do what feels good and dam everyone who disagrees with me. I don’t know when Christ is coming back but this is really starting to look like the end times that Paul was telling timothy about.

Application: If we are truly living in the end times and the return of Jesus is coming soon we need to keep sharing the good news with people and not let those things that Paul was warning us about come into our lives. I know how easy it is to let some of those things in. stay in the word, pray and seek God will all your heart.


Prayer: Lord, We thank you for another day to enjoy this world you have given to us and that we have the ability to share your love with those around us. I ask you to help me to overcome fears that I have of speaking to others and be willing to open myself up and not just let these opportunities to share the gospel pass me by. Help me to live in a way that causes people to want to know what is different about me and not just think I’m the same as them.

No comments:

Post a Comment