Friday, December 4, 2015

December 4th 2015 Are you rich?

Reading: 1Timothy 6, Ezekiel 41-42, Psalm 135

Scripture: 1Timothy 6:17-19, “As for the rich in this present age, charge them not to be haughty, nor to set their hopes on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly provides us with everything to enjoy. They are to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share, thus storing up treasure for themselves as a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of that which is truly life.”

Observation: I know that there are many times that I have said I am not rich I need this new electronic thing or that new car or a bigger house but I don’t make enough to do what I think I “need.” When you look at the worlds income level to be in the top 1% of worlds incomes you only need to be making $32,400 a year. We are rich and we have rich people problems like looking into a refrigerator or pantry and having food in there and saying “there is nothing to eat” or looking into a closet and seeing clothes and saying I have noting to ware. We have houses, cars, heat, and running clean drinkable water but we still need to go buy a $3 bottle water because we need something that taste better then tap water. The term rich we all ascribe to being an income number we have not yet attained to, but rich is simply having more then you need. I am rich, God provides more then I need but I still don’t live like a rich person, I’m not generous like I think I would be when I get to that number.

Application: We are the rich of the age, and we are called to be good rich people. Not just in how we spend our money and resources that God provides us but to be rich in good deeds. I encourage you all find ways to serve, find things to be a part of so that you can become rich in good works.


Prayer: Lord, thank you for your living word and the blessings that it promises. I come before you a rich man who had a hard time living as one. I ask you to help me to see the needs of others so that I can fill them and share your love. Help me to develop margin in my life to that I can share the blessing you have for people and love as you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment