Saturday, December 5, 2015

December 5th 2015 Are you anchored?

Reading: 2Timothy 1, Ezekiel 43-44, Psalm 112

Scripture: 2Timothy 1:6-7, “For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands, for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.”

Observation: This verse seemed to speak to me because I k now I need that reminder that I need to continually fan my flame, it is so easy to let it start to die down and become a smoldering heap instead of a roaring fire. The gift of the Holy Spirit is our link to God, he (the Holy Spirit) is our anchor. I really like the visual of an anchor with the Holy Spirit, like an anchor depending on how much slack you place in that line will determine how far you will drift before it starts to give you resistance. When you hold close to and listen to the Holy Spirit you will not stray far from God but as you stop listening and adding slack to that line the further and further you will drift from where God has called you to be.

Application: Place your Anchor firmly into the word and let the Holy Spirit speak to you in you quiet times with God in reading his word and listening for him in the breeze in hopes that the 2X4 does not need to be picked up.


Prayer: Lord, thank you for this reminder to fan the fames and that we have a spirit of power and love. I thank you also for the gift of your Holy Spirit and the anchor to you. I ask you to help us to keep a short line so that we do not drift far from you and your loving embrace. Help us to seek you first and dive deep into your word and drink deeply from your spring of living water.

No comments:

Post a Comment