Saturday, December 12, 2015

December 12th 2015 Who you lookin' at?

Reading: Hebrews 4 and Ezra 1-2

Scripture: Ezra 1:1, “In the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, that the word of the Lord by the mouth of Jeremiah might be fulfilled, the Lord stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia, so that he made a proclamation throughout all his kingdom and also put it in writing”

Observation: in the Old Testament the nation of Israel was his chosen people and most of us who are Christians today are the Gentiles, we were not God’s chosen people. I know I have been guilty of this but I though God was only able to use me or other Gentiles only because Jesus came to bridge the gap between God and man. Here we have God stirring up the heart of a Gentile king to have his temple rebuilt and to send his people back into that land God had promised them.

Applications: So often I think I can’t be used by God because of my past or my inability to do something or any other excuse that I can think of. But here was this king who was most likely a pagan and God put it on his heart that he needed to Send Gods people home and have the temple rebuilt. We need to remember that God can you anyone and anything to speak to us but also he will use us to speak into the lies of those around us.


Prayer: Lord, Thank you for considering me, use me and guide me to the people you need me to touch. Help me to set aside the things needed to make margin in my life to have the ability to give more spontaneously. Help me to share your love and be used by you.

No comments:

Post a Comment