Monday, October 31, 2016

October 31, 2016 I can do it!!!!!!!

Reading: Romans 4 and Jeremiah 48-49

Scripture: Romans 4:2-3, For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. For what does the Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness."

Observation: I have had times in the past where I though that because I was better then that guy and I at least believed in God and I didn’t do the don’ts and did some of the dos, that I would go to heaven. I also spent time thinking like many Americans if my good stuff out weights my bad stuff I will make it into heaven. 

Application: Paul here was talking about how in Geniuses when God called Abraham and promised him these blessings, God didn’t say you have to do all these things to get them he just had to believe and they were his. Salvation Is a Gift from God and as a gift you cant earn it because then it becomes your wage and it is due to you. The blessings that God has for us all we can do is accept them. Therefore our salvation and blessings from God are given to us freely all we have to do is receive them and live the life we are called to. 


Prayer: Father I stand in awe of your great love and the offer to take care of us each and every day. I thank you for your provisions and blessings you pour out on us and the opportunities you give us each day. I ask that you help us to see your love and not fall into the thought that I can earn my way into heaven 

No comments:

Post a Comment