Wednesday, October 19, 2016

October 20, 2016 Imprisonment and Affliction

Reading: Acts 20 and Jeremiah 5-6

Scripture:Acts 20:22-23, And now, behold, I am going to Jerusalem, constrained by the Spirit, not knowing what will happen to me there, except that the Holy Spirit testifies to me in every city that imprisonment and afflictions await me.

Observation: I remember when the thoughts about coming to Christ and becoming a Christian was more about getting God to be this great piggy bank in the sky. Everything was going to be great, sunshine and roses they say but this is a warning not just to Paul but to us as well. 

Application: Jesus had said, “They will hate you because they hated me first.” There are going to be trials and tribulations just because we are Christians, just as Paul was  saying that imprisonment awaited him and God had a plan for that imprisonment God has a plan that will use the trials for good. I also want to be clear God does not cause the bad things to happen, the are a product of living in a fallen world and having the evil one against us, God just repurposes these bad things to help us grow closer to him and give another microphone to speak into others lives.


Prayer: Father I think you for all you have done, for us giving us your son as a payment for my sins. I think you for the blessings and provisions you have for us. I ask you to help us to see your great love properly, not as the great bank of God but as a God of love that takes care of us even though we screw up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment