Wednesday, October 5, 2016

October 5, 2016 Its all in the past or is it the future????

Reading: Acts 5, Isaiah 52-53 and Psalm 102

Scripture: Isaiah 53:5, But he was pierced for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his wounds we are healed.

Observation: The first thing that came to mind as I read this passage was this is cool, the profit Isaiah was predicting the death of Jesus and telling everyone who would listen to him that there would be one who would take our punishments for us. Then as I came pack to the passage after finishing my reading I realized that it was written in the past tense. 

Application: Isaiah was prophesying about the future in the past tense, at first I was like thats right its all in the past why wouldn't he write or speak it that way. But then I had a though why would he predict something in the past tense? Not only is this a reminder that God is timeless and he can give future events to a profit in a past tense. Then what came to me as I thought about it was when Jesus gave us the authority to do as he did and greater and having the faith to move those mountains can manifest like Isaiah’s faith and prophecies did. In my prayer life the way I pray has been changing a little at a time. I have stopped asking for money making it though each month, but now I thank him every day that he provides what we need and continues to bless us with thinks we didn’t know we needed or with things we wanted. Are you seeking and trying to ask for help or are you thanking him for what he is providing and finding contentment and joy.


Prayer: Father I love you so much and stand in awe of you for another day. I thank you for this day and the provisions and blessings you pour out on us each day. I ask that you help us to see your provisions and blessings in our lives as we seek your will in our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment