Tuesday, October 18, 2016

October 18, 2016 I'm such a whore.

Reading: Acts 19 and Jeremiah 3-4

Scripture: Jeremiah 3:1, “If a man divorces his wife and she goes from him and becomes another man's wife, will he return to her? Would not that land be greatly polluted? You have played the whore with many lovers; and would you return to me?declares the Lord.

Observation: This is a bit of a punch to the gut for me in that there are still things in my life that I struggle with like lust, pride and anger just to name a few. As much as I love the Lord and seek to go deeper with my relationship with him, I feel like I'm a whore chasing after things that I shouldn’t. Sure Jeremiah was speaking at the time to Israel and Judah and their running after other gods but it is still a good reminder that we need to be careful to not chase after other gods ourself.

Application: I am thankful that later in verse 12 God tells Jeremiah to “Go, and proclaim these words toward the north, and say, "'Return, faithless Israel, declares the Lord. I will not look on you in anger, for I am merciful, declares the Lord; I will not be angry forever.” When I let some of the things I struggle with get a hold on me I start having the thoughts of inadequacies and not being enough but we all need to remember no matter what we have done he calls us back we need to turn from what we were doing and come back to him. 


Prayer: Father I thank you for you mercies and grace you pour out on us each day. I thank you for the provisions and blessings you give us each day. I ask that you help us to open our eyes and ears to where we are whoring and help us to turn back to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment