Tuesday, October 25, 2016

October 25, 2016 I am such a Lump of clay

Reading: Acts 26 and Jeremiah 17-18

Scripture: Jeremiah 18:3-4, So I went down to the potter's house, and there he was working at his wheel. And the vessel he was making of clay was spoiled in the potter's hand, and he reworked it into another vessel, as it seemed good to the potter to do.

Observation: I have many times felt like vessel that was spoiled that I was not worth anything. I also have had times where I have thought there was no repairing the damage I did to relationships or my walk with God. 

Application: This passage is a great reminder to me that we are all clay and we are all still a work in progress. Continuing with the analogy of pottery I feel like we as the pot are not going to be fired into our permeant shape until we get to heaven, we are going to be continually broken down reformed and reshaped by God (the potter). Just after our passage today in verse 7-8 God said that he can tear down nations and build then up, just like he can with us as lumps of clay. 


Prayer: Father I stand in awe of your great power, you have the power tear down and build up not only things in my life but in the nations of the wold. I thank you that even though you can see and control all that you love and are concerned with me. I thank you for the provisions and blessing you have for us each and every day. Lord I ask you to tear down anything my my life that is not edifying you and build up and repair any damage I have don’t to the masterpiece that you are creating in each of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment