Monday, October 17, 2016

October 17, 2016 What are you wearing?

Reading: Acts 18 and Jeremiah 1-2

Scripture: Jeremiah 1:17-18, But you, dress yourself for work; arise, and say to them everything that I command you. Do not be dismayed by them, lest I dismay you before them. And I, behold, I make you this day a fortified city, an iron pillar, and bronze walls, against the whole land, against the kings of Judah, its officials, its priests, and the people of the land. 

Observation: The Job I have I wear a uniform I get up every morning and put this uniform so I am ready for my job here God is telling Jeremiah to get ready for is work. I know that there have been many times where I have gotten up and gotten ready for my earthly job but I neglect to get myself ready for God’s work.

Application: Not only is this passage saying to get ready and to me that is putting on the whole armor of God (Ephesians 6), put on the belt, the sandals, the breast plate, and helmet then take up the shield and the sword. We are called to be ready for out work and our job from God is warrior. Daily prepare yourself for battle for the evil one will attack you. But this passage goes on to says he will make us a fortified city with his power standing behind us we will stand against anything the evil one brings against us.


Prayer: Father I thank you that you are here to back us up and have our back even though we don’t deserve it. I thank you for sending your son to pay the price for us. I thank you the provisions and blessings you give me each day. I ask you to help me to understand and remember to daily put on your armor and prepare for your work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment