Monday, October 24, 2016

October 24, 2016 Delivered and Redeemed

Reading: Acts 25, Jeremiah 15-16 and Psalm 10

Scripture: Jeremiah 15:21, I will deliver you out of the hand of the wicked, and redeem you from the grasp of the ruthless."

Observation: It is interesting to me that so many people look at the God of the Old Testament and think He is this wrathful god who is only here to smite me when I mess up. Many people think that is who God is, like Zeus of Greek mythology he is just sitting in heaven waiting for us to mess up so he can throw a lighting bolt at us. 

Application: That is not so God has always been a God of justice and love, just before the passage I chose today God was telling Jeremiah about the punishment he was going to pour out on Israel if they didn’t shape up. He also told them that he would deliver them and redeem them. Back then the system they had was the mosaic law and sacrifices, today God is still the God of justice and love but he sent Jesus Christ to come and pay the price. we don’t have to do anything but accept the love and gift of salvation. 


Prayer: Father I thank you for sending your son to be the payment and to be a picture of you that we could see what it is to follow you. I thank you for the provisions and blessings you give us each day. I ask that we look at you with eyes to see and ears to hear and no longer see the anger of the old testament and but the love that you are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment