Monday, October 10, 2016

October 10, 2016 Who's got my back?!?!?!

Reading: Acts 11, Isaiah 65-66 and Psalm 124

Scripture: Psalm 124:2-4,  if it had not been the Lord who was on our side when people rose up against us, then they would have swallowed us up alive, when their anger was kindled against us; then the flood would have swept us away, the torrent would have gone over us;

Observation: This was a great reminder to me about God being on our side, as I have struggled with things he has always given me the strength to make it though what ever it was. If its giving me the energy to do something when i have not slept well and I'm tired or if its getting up and speaking to groups of people (by the way that scares the snot out of me). 

Application: Having the reminder that God is on my side and will work all things for good and his glory is a great comfort. Its not saying that it will be easy or you wont have pain. Pain and things being hard are a product of living in a fallen world. The comedian Mark Lowry described life as a series of emotions, a mountain after a valley. There will always be a struggle or a trial but God will use those mountains and valleys to teach us something but he is with us to help up though those times. 


Prayer: Father you are so wonderful and I stand before you in awe seeking to honor you. I thank you for all the provision you give us each day and thank you for the blessings you pour out on us as well. I ask that you help us to remember that you are always with us and watching over us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment