Sunday, October 16, 2016

Struggles and peace

Lately I have found myself under attack, not so much in the physical would but in the spiritual warfare of a Warrior of Christ. I know I have not been doing well with my writing of my journals and if you are a normal reader of mine I thank you for continuing to stick with me and if you have just stumbled upon this I play that God will touch you and help you to grow deeper in your relation ship with him. 

Over the last few months I have started a new job and spent that time working with a very negative person in witch being around that I was drug down into his negativity. He as sense moved on to work elsewhere and the work environment has changed and now I’m being trained for on other work that I should have been learning all along and we are searching for someone to fill the vacancy in our crew. On top of all that my wife and I are expecting our second child and our first has hit the tantrum toddler phase and this last week we all got a little sick. 

In all the struggles and trying times I have gone though I noticed that instead of holding tighter to God’s love and promises, I said to myself without knowing it “I can handle this on my own or with my family by my side” by letting my Bible reading and Journaling fall to the back burner and not making a point to truly spend time with God and in his word. Yes we went to church I was still teaching 5th and 6th graders in the kids ministry and I would still sometimes get in my reading but I had lost my focus on God. 

I am grateful that God always wants to be blessing us and taking care of us even when we stick our foot in our mouths or any other analogy of being stupid you want to use. Yesterday I went and helped out at my church’s men’s breakfast and our mens pastor was talking about John 15:2-7 and abiding in the Lord. during the discussion our Pastor challenged the men present and I challenge you, each day before you spend time in the word ask the Holy Spirit to reveal something to you, once you have read and something has been revealed to you write that scripture on a sticky note or your arm, hand, or what ever you have that will give you a reminder seeing it and meditate on that passage. The term meditate in biblical times meant to mutter or speak so when we are taking this time to mutter these words that The Holy Spirit has placed on our hearts we will find deeper meanings because God’s word is alive. 

Though out this process of thinking I can stand on my how and having God’s word come and smack me up side the head though the teachings and discussions at a men’s breakfast God has granted me a peace that I still don’t understand but am always grateful for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment