Tuesday, November 1, 2016

November 1, 2016 I don't know about that other guy!!

Reading: Romans 5, Jeremiah 21, 24 & 27 and Psalm 33

Scripture: Romans 5: 19, For as by the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, so by the one man's obedience the many will be made righteous. 

Observation: This is a great reminder that there are times where I forget or don’t think about how much Jesus did. Sure I remember that he died for my sins and that you can be saved too. Some times we forget that the true magnitude of what Jesus did. Just as the fall of man into a sinful nature though Adam and Eve eating of the fruit that they were told not to. 

Application: Being that we are living in a fallen world and in a day and age where distractions are so prevalent as well as the sin if selfishness, I have found myself knowing I am saved but thinking “I don’t know about that guy over there.” Paul was sharing in this letter to the Romans that just as the one act caused the world to become fallen the one act of obedience offered redemption and righteousness to the world. Romans says that many will be made righteous and we are covered by Christ’s righteousness.


Prayer: Father you are so wonderful and I thank you for sending your son and his Obedience that allows us to be covered by grace and righteousness. I also thank you for the provisions and blessings you have for us each and every day. I ask you help us to open our eyes and ears to how to live in the righteousness that you offer us though your son. 

No comments:

Post a Comment