Wednesday, November 30, 2016

November 30, 2016 Watchmen are you out there?

Reading: 1 Timothy 2, Ezekiel 33-34 and Psalm 114

Scripture: Ezekiel 33:1-6, The word of the Lord came to me: "Son of man, speak to your people and say to them, If I bring the sword upon a land, and the people of the land take a man from among them, and make him their watchman, and if he sees the sword coming upon the land and blows the trumpet and warns the people, then if anyone who hears the sound of the trumpet does not take warning, and the sword comes and takes him away, his blood shall be upon his own head. He heard the sound of the trumpet and did not take warning; his blood shall be upon himself. But if he had taken warning, he would have saved his life. But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet, so that the people are not warned, and the sword comes and takes any one of them, that person is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood I will require at the watchman's hand.

Observation: As I was going though the reading this entire section stuck out at me. I have always had a hard time speaking to people face to face about God. I speak worse then I write. The idea that God not only watches what we do but also what we don’t do. Yes we are saved by the grace given to us by Christ Jesus but we do have a responsibility to call others. 

Application: Ezekiel said that if we share the knowledge we have been given with others and they choose not to change then its on them but is we keep it to our selves then their blood is on our hands. God desires all to be saved and come to know the great gift of God though his son Jesus. We are to be his watchmen, we have the knowledge that God has forgiven us and that he has a place for us in Heaven. Penn Jillette a devout atheist had this to say after a man gave him a Bible, “If you believe in heaven and hell or eternal life, how much do you have to hate someone to not share it with them.” We have been called to love this world to God though sharing the knowledge we have and to great gift of salvation. 


Prayer: Father you are so wonderful I stand amazed by your love and grace extended to me and I'm blown away that you can have that for everyone. I thank you that you have given us that grace, I thank you for the provisions and blessings that you give us each day. I ask that you help me to open my mouth to those who need to hear your love and your greatness. help me to be a light at my work and to those around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment